It is medically indisputable that exercising is good for our health, fitness, physique and total body workout but I bet many Nigerian Women do not know the extent nor have they tried out various types to know which tops their fitfam list.
Exercises can be grouped in Anaerobic and Aerobic Exercises.
Anaerobic exercises are exercise activities that makes you quickly go out of breath or oxygen and can only be sustained for a few minutes like weight lifting or sprinting while “Aerobic exercise is the type of moderate-intensity physical activity that you can sustain for more than just a few minutes with the objective of improving your Cardiorespiratory fitness and your health” for instance; jogging, walking, swimming, dancing
The typical fitfam Nigerian Woman will most likely consider jogging or walking an easy and safe aerobic exercise but unknown to her that with Swimming comes a truckload of benefits. Make sure you’re already booking a swimming session as you sit back and take note of these benefits
- SWIMMING IS GOOD FOR OVERALL MIND&BODY WORKOUT: Swimming keeps your entire body engaged, your brain calculates meters and distance, your heart maintains your breathing, your stomach tightens to power your legs and keeps you stabilized, your back angles and rotates, your legs kick and your arms pull. Activities like these prevent muscle build up in the legs which is common with running.
2. SWIMMING SAVES YOU FROM GETTING SWEATY: It’s Harmattan, your pores are expected to release more water than it will in Raining season, as such you’ll sweat at the slightest lift of any part of your body while exercising. With swimming, you don’t have to worry about being sweaty, getting sweat in your eyes or having to halt regularly to use a towel to dry off the sweat
3. SWIMMING HELPS YOU BURN CALORIES: The saying goes; “swimming makes you hungry” but very few are aware its actually about calorie burning rather than making you hungry. Swimming regularly can also make for running depending on the strokes you choose and your swimming intensity. Did you know that for 10 minutes of swimming you burn 60 calories with the breaststroke, 80 calories with the backstroke, 100 calories with freestyle, and a whopping 150 with the butterfly stroke? If you burn just about the same amount of calorie when you jog, I guess it’s about time you make a swap
4. SWIMMING IMPROVES BODY FLEXIBILITY: Just like dancing, Swimming requires you to reach, stretch, twist, and pull your way through the water repetitively. Your ankles become fins and are stretched with each kick as you push off against the pressure of the water. This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t still stretch on your own, but repetitive stretching found in your various strokes helps with flexibility.
5.SWIMMING IMPROVES YOUR OVERALL LUNG CONDITION: Swimming improves the state of your lungs and teaches good breathing technique. Often times, musicians and instrumentalist are usually being advised to constantly swim in order to learn to breathe control and better their Art
6.SWIMMING IS FUN: Depending on the strokes you’re familiar with, be it backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke, butterfly, dog paddle or freestyle, swimming is an enjoyable activity. Being skilled in at least 3 of the strokes makes it easy for you to alternate strokes and also doesn’t make you feel like you’re working out really.
7. SWIMMING IS HELPFUL FOR KEEPING FIT IN PREGNANCY: Research reveals there’s no evidence that chlorine has any negative effects upon your pregnancy, while swimming has been shown to reduce the risk of pre-term births and congenital malformation. That explains why the Ilaje’s of Ondo state like to give birth and put their newly born in water. However, it is important to check with your doctor before you start any form of exercise during pregnancy.
8.SALT-WATER SWIMMING RETAINS SKIN MOISTURE: Research reveals regular saltwater swimming helps to retain skin moisture and detoxify to promote new cell growth. This apparently explains why Nigerian Mothers are always quick to bathe children who just get back from boarding schools or very sick in salt water. You just may never know, an invigorating Beach swim might just be all you need to keep a smooth and healthy skin and the good news is that majority of the beaches in Lagos are salt-water beaches
9. SWIMMING IS COST EFFECTIVE: Swimming in some pools might be cheaper than taking Yoga and Gym Classes.
10. SWIMMING IS A STRESS RELIEVER: You might wonder why you love getting in the bathtub or under the shower when you’re stressed or fagged out. You feel like spending the rest of the day at that spot where water just keeps flowing all over your stressed nerves. Swimming gives you a better chance to give your whole body a little more fun while relaxing under the water and yeah it’s such a wonderful feeling every Nigerian should explore regularly
Feel like diving into the water this minute?.>>> Shop here <<<<to get modest swimwear for women right here that help you stay comfortable in and out of the water
Don’t forget to leave a comment if the post was beneficial