What was it like the first time you considered online shopping for clothes? No doubt, you were skeptical because you were not sure you would get the perfect fit. Many people feel the same way, especially when it comes to buying an abaya online.
Whether it’s your first time or not, buying an abaya online can be very tricky. Before making a purchase, there are important parameters to consider, especially length, because it’s not flattering if your abaya is too short. It ruins the beauty and gracefulness you’re supposed to feel. But this doesn’t mean that you have to shy away from buying an abaya online.
How then can you find the perfect abaya for your size? This size guide we curated can help you. Keep reading to find out how.
Choosing a Suitable Length When Buying Abaya Online
Abaya sizes are determined by length since they are usually floor-length. For instance, a size 50 means the abaya is 50 inches in length.
There are a few points to know about the length of an abaya if you want to get the right size. They include:
- The abaya length should be a few centimeters below your ankle. We’re not saying you should be a sweeping beauty, as an abaya that sweeps the ground is not glamourous. However, you don’t want it to be too short. You also need to add an extra inch or two if you plan to wear your abaya with heels.
- To determine how long your abaya should be, measure from the top of your shoulder to the point where your shoe covers up.
- The length of the sleeve is just as important as that of the hem. Too long or too short sleeves can ruin a great look. So make sure the sleeves end right at your wrists.
How Abaya Sizes are Measured
Generally, abayas should fit loosely and comfortably. As a rule of thumb, abayas are suitable for all women up to size 14 UK size. If you want a more fitted look, then the belt provided with the abaya can help create a cinched waistline.
Here is how to measure your size for an abaya:
- Bust: Measure under your arms around the fullest part of the bust. Be sure to keep the tape measure comfortably loose.
- Waist: Measure around the slimmest part of your waist
- Hips: Measure around the fullest part of the hips. Be sure to keep your feet together while measuring.
- Sleeve Length: Place the tape from the top of your shoulder down to your wrists.
Note, A good-fitting abaya will be 3- 4 inches bigger than your actual body measurements around the bust and hips.
The chart below shows the standard abaya size guide to follow when choosing an abaya online.
As seen on the chart, knowing your height is vital to getting the correct abaya length you need.
So the next time you think of buying an abaya online, don’t hesitate to shop from Habeebat. Our store sizes all abayas based on length, so you can easily compare and select the right one.
If you need extra help choosing an abaya from our store, feel free to contact us.